Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Revolution ;-)

I argue a lot. I am viewed as an obstinate persuader. I am not in a deep consideration to change my ways after all. If at all I quit, there is only one reason. The opposition is too dumb and adamant, highly insensible and can’t maintain relevance. Sometimes I am wrong. Strictly, only sometimes. I don’t like definitions qualifying the examples. It should be vice versa. When I tell you a statement and brief it with an example, if you bring in an absolutely irrelevant trait of the same example and initiate a new discussion deviating from the crux of the original problem statement, I get pissed off. Had it been 5 years back, I would have literally thrashed the person who does such an insensible thing. These days I am growing more patient. It’s on the verge of this happening; I usually quit an argument (for me it’s only a conversation). Not that I don’t have a point to make but pursuing further is insanity.

One of my friends asked, if you are so inclined about changing the ways of life with your talks, why don’t you create a revolution? Why don’t you become a revolutionary? Here’s what I told him

I don’t want to be a revolutionary because

I am born in India. I will loose all my happiness in life to become a martyr. Later, a chapter about me will appear in the 5th grade Tamil Language text book under the state board syllabus. Even my grandchildren won’t read it. Even if they do, they will scold me heartily. People will probably erect a statue for me in marina beach. Wait… there is no space already. Secondly I should have been a revolutionary in the Dravidian movement to deserve that, portraying Tamil to be the best language in the world, Tamil speaking people to be the most revered, feared and adored in the world apart from calling other languages, culture and communities a total crap. I am an Aryan by birth as per the rulers of my state. So I don’t qualify for that honor in first place. Even if it happens in the least probability, the crow will spit on me (my statue) every day. Politicians and other revolutionaries will honor my statue with a garland on my birth day and death day every year with a fake smile and crocodile tears. The crow’s act is far better than this. They will make and break the statue as the rulers change and revolt happens. First of all they will shoot me dead. OMG!!! How can I forget that?

Fine now, if I don’t get a statue, I will at least get a street named after me. The name board will be in the corner of the street where housewives will accumulate garbage, small children (only?) will excrete and dogs will piss off. The only benefit is that I would have become a part of the Indian history. I am already now :-)

I will have a small house in a remote village near Chennai which will become my memorial later. The dark and deserted place will function as a place of illegal and illicit activities like, pre-marital sex and drug smuggling, all through the year.

There are few other revolutionaries who aren’t my kind. They call themselves the people’s servant and have all their earnings (not from legal sources ofcourse) distributed amongst their relatives while they still lead a simple life and stay poor. They did the greatest sacrifices the world has ever seen. Don’t worry people will believe and the history will repeat. Who knows? May be they will become Gods after 100 years.

Instead I can choose this. A honest earning, a 6 digit salary, a 5 bedroom apartment, a 4 wheel drive, 3 good friends, 2 cute children and 1 sweet heart.

Hey wait a moment… before you go!

If the destiny has in it that I should become a revolutionary one day, then “SO BE IT!” :-)

10 comments:

Rags said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rags said...

More you argue more revolutionary you become...
Gandhi argued we had freedom revolution.
Obama argued we have a first African American in White house.

Advance wishes on becoming the revolutionary :)
May the great crows relieve themselves on your statue...

Ityuty said...

"The crow’s act is far better than this"...excellent punch...Just so the reader's dont get mislead...not any persuader can become a revolutionary...only a persuader who satisfies the people's common objective will deserve to get blessings of crow and crocodile...

suninindia said...

You dont need to become a leader to have street names and memorials. Becoming a real estate guy, you can build complexes and even small cities after you name. This looks more practical and easier than becoming a leader junky...

Seshadri T A said...

@ Raghavan
I don't want to become revolutionary :-)

@ Jai
I don't think the blog will mislead ppl. I never mentioned that Persuaders can become revolutionaries. A revolutionary need not even talk. Helen Keller and Mother Teresa are revolutinaries as well. I just gave that as a prelude to the article. I mean.. circumstances that basically led to the question

@ Rajesh
My intention or aim is not to have a statue or street name nor have I explained the ways to achieve that. I was sarcastically explaining the benefits of becoming a revolutionary. it's just one of those pros and cons thing. And each of those pros and cons need not essentially have this as a root cause. Hope you got it :-)

Srini said...

Seshu hates revolutionaries cos they r hard working... So do I..

Unknown said...

You really are a good blogger, keep going! :)

Somasundaram said...

I did not like this blog.. may be because of how you have portrayed India.. It might be even true, but hard to accept and sorry to say.. "I did not like it.."

Seshadri T A said...

Srini and Siva
thanks for the comments

@ Somu
It's not about India and Indians. It's very unfortunate that I have to speak about India in my blog as my place of birth and living and hence my environment matters a lot, while describing a fictitious role which has a very close relevance to the people and societal set up. I guess the intent was misunderstood.

I am kind of uncomfortable when people question my love for the nation and language. Don't I have the right to criticize anything for that matter? As a grown up child at home, I shall definitely criticize the behavior and decision of my dad and mom. I might as well do it in front of other family members. That doesn't mean I don't love them.

Some times my brother may not like the way I criticize my parents on certain aspects. Your feeling is very similar to tht and very much valid. Thanks for the honest opinion.

Sorry for a long explanation. :-)

bhupesh said...

Seshu, this is the most streamlined blog from you so far (havent read the other recent ones). Nice read!